Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Missing dog

Lost and found dog..........


We bought a 8-week old puppy of Pekingese back in 2006 April. She was adorable and my son named her "Gizmo". Pekingese is actually a stubborn dog and do not mix well with kid that play rough. My son hasn't had many good experience with dog. He has been knocking down by larger dogs when he was little so he is afraid of dog. My wife and I thought that a small dog could eventually helps him to like dogs again. Besides, my wife is really keen on a small dog. Obviously, Gizmo is a cute little puppy so it is hard to resist. (Don't all puppies are irresistable?)


It took about 3 months before Gizmo started to shed her "baby hair". I remember my wife and son went back to Hong Kong that year (2006). When they returned, Gizmo has transformed into a mature dog (see last pic below). My niece who was staying with us then thought i actually bought a new dog! Of course as she grew we get more attached to her.

Few days ago, we let Gizmo out with Tutu (another dog i am caring for my friend as he is working abroad) to take care of their "business" in the morning. Due to the hurricane from last year one of our fence has collapsed and regardless of how we blocked the opening both dogs managed to escape; However, both dogs always find the way back. But on that day, both went missing for a long time and the weather was getting bad. My wife and I started to get worry and we drove around the neighborhood trying to locate the dogs but to no avail. The sky began to look really dark and thunderstorm is looming.

Well just before the rain, Tutu, an Lhasa Apso, managed to return home but Gizmo was no where around. It started to rain dogs and cats, we were all worried about Gizmo but we believed she is smart enough to hide in a shelter, but the worst scenario crossed our mind too which is either being captured by someone or even worst, ran over by a vehicle. By night time there was still no sign of Gizmo, we began to think that she will never return. My wife made a lost and found post planning to paste it around the neighborhood the next morning. The night was cold and we could only hope that she is safe and warm.

I woke up as usual at 6:40 AM in the morning, getting myself ready to work. I peeped out the back door checking out the fence. Lo and behold, there was Gizmo right next to the back door. i opened the door and she appeared to be alright but covered with mud, and she is also limping. I brought her to my wife who was very surprise to see Gizmo again. My wife immediate get her to shower. Gizmo appear to be traumatized as she is not active as usual. i believed she is probably overstarved. Anyway, we got the fence fixed temporary. After few days, Gizmo is back to her ownself again. I hope that she learns her lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment