Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mug shot for my mantis

Say cheese..... wait these are mantids! ok say flies..........

As previously mentioned, keeping praying mantis has ignited my interest on macro photographing of insects. As for mantids, it is difficult not to focus on their interesting/adorable/alienated face. With additional knowledge from the photographing classes, i am getting a better grasp of macro shot and finally able to shoot some decent pics. Still far from being perfect due to the lack of my lighting apparatus. I am looking forward to either getting a flashbracket or a flash ring, together with a diffuser to get a better lighting effect when zooming into tiny little bug.








































4 comments:

  1. These are great photos Yen. You are really getting the hang of this macro stuff. Those lovely mantids make interesting subjects to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thax Shelly and Mingfei!!! Now I know photographing can be as addictive as rearing mantis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Yen it is addictive. I go absolutely crazy all winter with no bugs to photograph. Then I find this time of year is even harder. We have a few warm days then cold again. Those warm days are teasers! Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and nice, I will be out bug hunting for sure.

    ReplyDelete